Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Psychopathology and Treatment
with Meg Grundy, LCSW
Friday, March 29, 2019
11:30 am - 2:00 pm
11:30 - 12:00 Lunch (included), 12:00 - 2:00 Speaker
In this workshop, participants will gain a basic understanding of how to diagnose OCD, identify several interventions that can be used to treat clients with OCD, and review case studies and treatment approaches as well as observe a live demonstration of an effective treatment modality (ERP/Imaginal Exposure).
- Participants will be able to list 2 methods of assessing OCD symptoms and severity.
- Participants will be able to describe two new treatment strategies for their OCD clients.
- Participants will be able to differentiate between obsessions and compulsions.
- Participants will be able to identify 3 methods of coping with anxiety and OCD.
Course content is based on methodology theory and practice. Presenter has attended OCD trainings through the IOCDF and has studied best practices with OCD ‘thought leaders’ (see bibliography for details). Presenter has treated youth and adults with OCD for the past 8 years in her private practice.
This course demonstrates credibility through the involvement of broader mental health practices, education and science communities in studying or applying the findings, procedures, practices or theoretical concepts. My presentation meets the course content requirements and is relevant to the profession. The theory and methodology presented is rooted in sound research in the diagnosing and treatment of OCD. Not only is this presentation relevant to the profession, it is hopefully filling a gap in training and experience in our clinical community and providing a solid foundation for further study and practice.
Meg Grundy, LCSW graduated from the University of Southern California with a Masters in Social Work in 1995. After graduating, Meg worked as the Lead Clinical Social Worker at a group home in Pasadena, CA, for adolescents preparing to emancipate from the foster care system. As her interests in advocacy grew, she moved on to serve as the Program Director for a resource center for emancipated foster youth, also in Pasadena. In 2005 Meg moved to the Monterey Peninsula and has operated a full-time private practice ever since where she specializes in treating OCD and Anxiety Disorders as well as treating Trauma with EMDR.
Meg’s interest in OCD and Anxiety disorders started many years ago with an adolescent client who was struggling with severe OCD symptoms. Filled with a desire to learn evidence based treatment approaches and best practices for treating anxiety disorders, Meg attended her first of several trainings through the IOCDF (International OCD Foundation). Meg has held a commitment to seeking ongoing training and professional consultation in order to best serve her pediatric and adult OCD clients.
2 CEs are included in the registration cost for this presentation
(Psychologists and nurses, CE cost is $25. Please purchase CEs here.)
Licensed MC-CAMFT Members: $28
Members of other local CAMFT chapters: $28
Licensed Non-Members and Guests: $30
Course meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credits for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, SPECIAL NEEDS, ADA ACCOMMODATION OR GRIEVANCES:
Please contact Jennifer Farley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Certificates of completion will be awarded at the completion of the workshop to those who attend the workshop in its entirety, sign in and out, and complete the course evaluation form.
MC-CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs and maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Provider# 050097.
APA Continuing Education Credit
- American Psychological Association: The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs, MFTs, LPCCs, and LEPs for programs from CE approved sponsors of the American Psychological Association. LCSWs and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. For questions about these CE accreditations, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at email@example.com.
You may cancel for a full refund up to 15 days in advance of the event, or a 50% refund between 5 and 14 days in advance of the event. No refunds for cancellations within 4 days of the event or for no-shows or failure to attend due to emergencies. Unused funds cannot be applied to future workshops. All requests for refunds must be submitted to Jennifer Farley by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.