DBT & Private Practice
with Jared Phillips, MA, LPCC
Friday, May 3, 2019
11:30 am - 2:00 pm
11:30 - 12:00 Lunch (included), 12:00 - 2:00 Speaker
Designed for mental health professionals who are interested in learning more about Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), an evidenced-based treatment model that teaches people how to stop making things worse and create a life worth living, participants will gain a basic understanding about the skills within the model that teach distress tolerance, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness skills with mindfulness skills at the core and how they can be utilized in private practice. Given the structure of the standard program model, mental health clinicians often by-pass the strategies and wisdom of the skills because of what seems to be a complex model.
- Participants will be able to discuss the dialectical nature of DBT skills training;
- Participants will be able to describe the theoretical foundations and Biosocial Model for DBT;
- Participants will be able to explain the four DBT skills modules (Core Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation, and Distress Tolerance);
- Participants will be able to identify strategies and procedures required for effective practice and teaching of DBT skills.
With years of study and practice in the arts of dance, meditation and psychology, Jared loves being in the vibrancy of life. Incorporating knowledge from dancing and teaching with the Merce Cunningham Dance Company in the 90’s to working for the past 15 years as a professional in the healing arts, Jared experiences a deep appreciation for the here-and-now and delights in exploring with others how to move beyond suffering into the innate, loving wisdom within each of us.
After graduating from Antioch New England with a MA in Counseling Psychology in 2007, Jared joined a local crisis team in western MA initially as a crisis clinician before shifting into a supervisor role at the end of the first year. Soon thereafter, Jared explored managerial roles in two different community mental health agencies in western MA, which included a position as director of a crisis team followed by an assistant manager position in a community based mental health services program. After several years of working in manager roles, Jared decided to return the role of clinician when he joined a standard DBT program, during which time he received intensive training and experience as a DBT clinician.
The work in which Jared engages is one of the ways that he shares gratitude for life and celebrates being alive. He deeply enjoys sharing and discovering with others how to be in each moment as it is with intention, and awe, rather than reacting from ineffective habits of the conditioned mind.
2 CEs are included in the registration cost for this presentation
(For Psychologists and nurses, the CE cost is $25 in addition to the price of registration. Please purchase CEs here AND make sure that you also register for the workshop.)
Licensed MC-CAMFT Members: $28
Members of other local CAMFT chapters: $28
Licensed Non-Members and Guests: $30
Course meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credits for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, SPECIAL NEEDS, ADA ACCOMMODATION OR GRIEVANCES:
Please contact Jennifer Farley at email@example.com
Please Note: Certificates of completion will be awarded at the completion of the workshop to those who attend the workshop in its entirety, sign in and out, and complete the course evaluation form.
MC-CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs and maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Provider# 050097.
APA Continuing Education Credit
- American Psychological Association: The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs, MFTs, LPCCs, and LEPs for programs from CE approved sponsors of the American Psychological Association. LCSWs and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. For questions about these CE accreditations, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may cancel for a full refund up to 15 days in advance of the event, or a 50% refund between 5 and 14 days in advance of the event. No refunds for cancellations within 4 days of the event or for no-shows or failure to attend due to emergencies. Unused funds cannot be applied to future workshops. All requests for refunds must be submitted to Jennifer Farley by email at email@example.com.