Introduction to Systemic Affair Recovery Therapy
with Dr. Talal H. Alsaleem
DATE TBD FALL/WINTER
Hilton Garden Inn
Working with couples in crisis can be overwhelming for new as well as seasoned clinicians, especially when it comes to working with clients struggling with infidelity who are often in extreme emotional distress and feeling lost and hopeless about the future of their relationship. Giving counselors effective tools to deal with the trauma of infidelity will make them feel empowered, energized, and confident in their ability to help guide their clients during such difficult times.
Completing this workshop will expand your understanding of the process of healing and introduce you to the clinical tools you need to help your clients recover from the trauma of infidelity. The knowledge base you will gain from this workshop as well as the clinical interventions you will learn are based on extensive clinical work with couples dealing with infidelity.
Specific learning objectives include the following:
- Participants will be able to describe four core principles of infidelity counseling.
- Participants will be able to list the seven milestones of healing from infidelity.
- Participants will be able to describe three clinical treatment challenges of infidelity counseling.
- Participants will be able to list three limitations of the current treatment methods for infidelity counseling.
About Dr. Talal H. Alsaleem:
Award-winning marriage counselor and researcher, Dr. Talal H. Alsaleem is recognized as a leading expert in the field of infidelity counseling. He is the author of the acclaimed book, Infidelity: The Best Worst Thing that Could Happen to Your Marriage, and the founder of the Infidelity Counseling Center. His research interests and clinical work are focused on identifying the causes of infidelity and providing the best treatment for recovery from its impact. He developed Systematic Affair Recovery Therapy (SART) TM, a method of infidelity counseling that has helped hundreds of couples navigate the challenges of the healing journey from affairs. Dr. Alsaleem is an international lecturer and speaker. His engaging talks have helped many counselors broaden their understanding of infidelity and gain the necessary clinical tools to help their clients recover from affairs. Learn more at TalalAlsaleem.com.
3 CEs are included in the registration cost for this presentation
(For Psychologists and nurses, the CE cost is $25 in addition to the price of registration. Please purchase CEs here AND make sure that you also register for the workshop.)
Licensed MC-CAMFT Members: $28
Members of other local CAMFT chapters: $28
Licensed Non-Members and Guests: $35
Course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of continuing education credits for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, SPECIAL NEEDS, ADA ACCOMMODATION OR GRIEVANCES:
Please contact Jennifer Farley at email@example.com
Please Note: Certificates of completion will be awarded at the completion of the workshop to those who attend the workshop in its entirety, sign in and out, and complete the course evaluation form.
MC-CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs and maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Provider# 050097.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SRCR) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSWs, MFTs and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendence, contact Pamela Hughes from Monterey County California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE @spiritualcompentency.com.
You may cancel for a full refund up to 15 days in advance of the event, or a 50% refund between 5 and 14 days in advance of the event. No refunds for cancellations within 4 days of the event or for no-shows or failure to attend due to emergencies. Unused funds cannot be applied to future workshops. All requests for refunds must be submitted to Jennifer Farley by email at email@example.com.