What Therapists Need to Know About Medication and Referring for a Psychiatric Consultation
with Dr. Marshal Blatt, MD
Saturday, April 15, 8:30 - 11:30 am
at Sunset Center, Carpenter Hall
Ample free parking available in the lot on 8th between Mission and San Carlos.
Coffee, Tea and light refreshments will be offered. Please bring your own mug!
8:30-9:00 Check In/Registration & Welcome
9:00-11:00 Speaker Presentation
11:00 -11:30 Time for mingling, networking and receiving CEs
Would you like to know more about current psychotropic medications and when to make a referral for a psychiatric consultation?
Marshal Blatt, MD, psychiatrist with Montage Behavioral Health, will provide an up-to-date overview of the categories of psychotropic medications in use today. He will also offer guidelines for differential diagnosis of Bipolar Disorders and Substance Use Disorders as encountered in clinical practice, as well as considerations in making a referral for a psychiatric consultation. Be prepared for a lively, thought-provoking presentation that will enhance your confidence in issues surrounding medication.
- Demonstrate enhanced capacity to consider Bipolar Disorder in differential diagnosis
- Demonstrate enhanced capacity to consider Substance Abuse Disorder in differential diagnosis
- Describe the differences between mental health medications in each category
- Apply a strategy for recommending a psychiatric consultation
Dr. Marshal Blatt, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Monterey, CA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He attended University of Chicago where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and went on to graduate from Stanford University Medical School. Dr. Blatt has worked locally in our community in different places, including Salinas Valley State Prison and Natividad Medical Center. Dr. Blatt is now on the Medical Staff at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, which has been his position for 20 years. He is currently serving as Division Chairman of CHOMPS’s Department of Psychiatry, Behavioral Health Services. Dr. Blatt has written and contributed to many psychiatric publications throughout his career, including co-authoring a textbook entitled Medical Decision Making.
2 CEs and light refreshments are included in the registration cost for this presentation
Licensed MC-CAMFT Members: $30
Pre-Licensed MC-CAMFT Members: $15
Guest of Chapter Members: $20
Non-Members and Guests: $40
Course meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credits for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, SPECIAL NEEDS, ADA ACCOMMODATION OR GRIEVANCES: Please contact Kate Newhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Certificates of completion will be awarded at the completion of the workshop to those who attend the workshop in its entirety, sign in and out, and complete the course evaluation form.
MC-CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs and maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Provider# 050097.
Information on Continuing Education Credit for Health Professionals
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- For questions about enrolling in CE or receiving your Certificate of Attendance, email email@example.com.
You may cancel for a full refund up to 15 days in advance of the event, or a 50% refund between 5 and 14 days in advance of the event. No refunds for cancellations within 4 days of the event or for no-shows or failure to attend due to emergencies. Unused funds cannot be applied to future workshops. All requests for refunds must be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.